Blogging For....

Is there anyone who blogs just for fun? Purely and simply for the joy of blogging? To let your thoughts flow, without someone starting to roll their eyes and start looking for an exit door.... Do you blog because you love to blog? Or is it for money, to pimp some product, rightwing, leftwing, whatever...

What brought on this introspective streak was an article in the NYT about debt bloggers. It's pretty good, and inspects quite a few aspects about debt blogging and the motivation, real and imagined, for the bloggers.
"A decade after the Internet became a public stage for revelations from the bedroom, it is now peering into the really private stuff: personal finance."

Point is, there's precious little motivation to blog, for the sake of earning money from the blog. So there's got to be something else, that pushes people to blog. There's more than 60 million blogs, with the number set to cross a billion in a year.
What the heck are a billion people doing blogging, if they don't earn money from it? Hence the question, why do you blog?

As for why I blog, that would be to maintain an online presence, where I can send my prospective clients. The intention was to showcase my presumed talents, but needless to say, it's not working out exactly as planned. That, I guess, would be because I have a tendency to stray off-course and start blabbing about things above my pay-grade. Being a lowly freelance writer, I should stick to blogging about that. But somehow, Obama and Hillary and McCain keep popping in. But hey, like I said, that's what a blog is for. Where you can let rip, without being hauled off to rehab.

No comments: