Staring Into The Abyss

A small confession before I start - The reason I'm writing this article is not because I did some deep introspection - It's because I didn't have any material for this post.

Writers Block
Since I'm hotlinking their image, you might consider visiting http://www.literaryagent.co.uk/

Anyway, I was looking for articles by other writers and just happened to bump into this page:

Writers On Writing

There are two very important things about this page:
A:- It has a priceless collection of articles from writers about how they ended up as writers.
B:- It's free and from the NYTimes. How often does that happen?

While each of you ( I'm taking it for granted here that you are some kind of a writer ), will draw his own conclusions from the bunch of articles inside, a couple of them really hit close to home for me. So, I decided to rehash some old history.

I can't hold a regular morning-to-evening job. I tried, for all of three days, before I decided that I really wasn't made for this. I have this deep restlessness inside, and it rears it's ugly head whenever I get somewhat comfortable in any situation. So I decided to earn enough money to be able to retire and then do whatever my heart desired. Needless to say, it didn't quite work out that way. Which is when I decided to take a step back and take some time off. I spent a few months basically lazing and moping around, during which time it occured to me that I might try to do some writing. Well, to make a long story short, I'm no good at it. But I found one thing - You don't have to be Charles Dickens to sell an article on the web. And that's what I'm doing currently.

Well, that solves a couple of problems:
1. I didn't know what to write about today.
2. After reading those articles in the NYT, I have come to the conclusion that all writers are, in some way or the other, abysmal failures in the normal pursuits of life. So, let's pack up all that guilt and stow it away, to be opened for introspection some other time. For now, I'm a writer.

Today's jobs:

Freelance Writer For Oil Company - Click here.

Web content writer - Click here.

Tech Blog needs a part-time writer - Click here.

Call for a group of writers - Click here.

Comment: You know the first thing that comes to mind when you read the ad? This is gonna be one heck of a swinger party.....

No comments: