Mom and a Hack Writer

Mother's day is here and writers are scraping the barrel to find just one more piece of nostalgia, full of apple pie. Vivian Pettyjohn, writing for ePluribus media, chimes in with her mother, a hack writer. And it's one heck of an article.

"When she was exactly the age I am now, she looked back over her years as a writer and decided that there was nothing of lasting or redeeming value in anything that she had done. She felt that she had started out to make a living doing what she loved to do, got stuck on a hamster wheel of production and ended up a hack."

All I have to say to Vivian is, I wish I was 1/4th the hack her mother was. Which means that I wish I was 1/2 the writer you are. Happy Mother's Day.

And just to prove my point, here's one more story on spiritual motherhood.

And finally, Arthur Levine, writing for The Conservative Voice, tries to explain why you should buy articles from him. Unfortunately, Arthur, someone screwed up. Either you or your editor. And half the article about why you should buy articles from a good writer is printed twice, on the same page. I'd say that if this is your way of advertising your services, you shouldn't have quit that day job.

Keep tuned.

No comments: