The Sound of Quality

I've been doing some research for a client the last couple of days. I sent him a file, with my findings yesterday night. I come back in the morning, and I see a reply from him. See for yourself - "I am sending another $50 to you via paypal. Based on the quality of research you're providing me, I would be more than happy to pay more than the contractual amount..."

And this after he paid me $50 yesterday. I tell you true, what makes me jump like Tom Cruise is not the fact that he sent the money. It's the fact that he sent it wiithout my having to ask, plus he's willing to pay even more now for further research than the amount agreed on.

End Note : Quality matters. I broke my head for a couple of days over a subject I knew squat about, and kept banging until I came up with stuff that provides value for money. I could have sent sub-standard work, and kept what he owed me. But I didn't. And that proves two things:-
1. That talent, hard work and perfection gets rewarded, even in this sick internet world of instant gratification and overnight hustlers.
2. I'm good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You only charge $50 a day?

Peeling said...

First of all, it's not a pay per hour gig. It wa sdecided as a one time payment contract, with decided on amount to be paid on completion. I requested a $50 advance, with balance on completion. I got it, and another $50 the next day, and like I said, the guy is happy to pay even more now that he knows what I can do.

Second, I don't know anything about who you are or what you do, but $50 a day for a freelanceer is pretty good, by any standards.

Third, I do have a day job, and this is a part time gig.

Fourth, screw you.