Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock

Timeless title. Hope Time Inc. ain't got a trademark for Time. First I wanted to bloviate about Limericks, but a post about limerick writers wouldn't be much good without a limerick, huh? Then I got round to a darker subject. Time. Far as I'm concerned, there's always been time to write that novel next year. And that next year has been coming and going for nearly a decade.

There's always something more important - Money, career, family...Now I'm coming round to the concept that it's now or never. I have to write that book now, or I never will. If life is a mountain climbing expedition, then there's a bridge you cross, when you start feeling that you've crested the hill and you're on your way down. Um....you ever seen a bridge on the crest of a hill?

Anyway, I guess I passed that rhetorical bridge to nowhere some time back. The hourglass is less than half full and I can see the sand slipping down. How much time do you have before you can start a book writing career? Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock.....

Write a Book in 28 days
Need help writing that book? Write a book in under 28 days flat!


Don't you want to leave behind you footprints in the sands of time? Besides it's NaNoWriMo ( National Novel Writing Month ). Start writing now!


Churning out a book ain't beans
For I'm broke and without means
Iraq's still burning
Clock keeps turning
I'm a cynic in mourning, searching for the innocence of my teens.

No comments: