Free Blogs, Free Money - Come and Get It

Frank Sennett, correspondent for SpokesmanReview.com, writes about the new free blog 'OpenServing' project from Wikia Inc.

"Bloggers who sign up at OpenServing.com receive free bandwidth, storage and software — plus 100 percent of ad payments generated by their sites. The service will "allow people to create news, opinion and communities on any topic they want," Wikia CEO Gil Penchina said at the conference."

Ok. So how is any of this different from blogger? Which, by the way, has an update:
"The new version of Blogger in beta is dead! Long live the new version of Blogger!
P.S. The old version of Blogger is not dead, but it would like to retire for a little while... maybe go to Hawaii or play World of Warcraft all day? It begs you to let it play World of Warcraft all day."

That's the message I see when I log into blogger. I think Google has too many nerds and geeks working for them. Google needs to throw all these bums out on their butt at least twice a year, maybe for a month or so, and let them roam around in the real world. Might give them a fresh perspective when they enter the Google world again. Not to mention that it would make them a lot less loony.

And since everyone has a blog, it figures that Santa would want one too. "'Karen told me you had a blog like the rest of us,' wrote contributor Poopie in a post. 'I have ALWAYS believed, even when that little twit in first grade said you weren't real.'"

And there's some new blogging terminology to remember from the
Sydney Morning Herald : Blog streaking - "Revealing secrets or personal information online which for everybody's sake would be best kept private."

Uhh...I have a cold, I wipe my nose with my finger, and rub off that greenish mucky thing on my finger under the table. Does that qualify as blog streaking?

No comments: