Freelancers and Freelancing

Pipe down! We'll get down to today's freelancing jobs very soon. Besides Craigslist ain't going nowhere. I want to expound ( or is that bloviate? ) on freelancers and freelancing a little bit first.

Online Job Hunt


A freelancer is, by definition, a dolt who finishes one job and then goes around searching for another job. Or something like that. My point is, besides being good at the job itself, a freelancer needs to be highly skilled at hunting down jobs. A normal person would hunt for a new job maybe once or twice in a decade wheras a freelancer has to do it everyday. In short, hunting for jobs is part of the job. Uh....I don't know how I ended up with that, and you can stop grinning now.

As a freelance writer, I really like the challenge of trying to find a gig and when someone accepts my services, it gives a sense of achievement. But the fun really begins when it comes down to writing the article. I mean, you have no friggin clue about the topic you have been asked to write about. You start Googling and pretty soon a routine assignment turns into a fascinating process of discovery. You learn things you never would have in any other sector. I have done research on and written articles about topics as varied as Moore's law on semiconducters, a HowTo on Backgammon, Medicare woes in the US and other equally interesting topics. This is an aspect of being a freelance writer which I love the most.

Job satisfaction is a word bandied about by HR Managers everywhere. But what exactly does it mean? For me, it means looking forward eagerly to see what today has in store for you. Am I going to write about Art Nouveau or am I going to write an essay about the feeding habits of pet rabbits? Or am I going to bloviate about freelancing on my blog? Either way, I enjoy it all. Question is: Do you?

On to today's freelance jobs:

Tech and Business Writers - Click Here

Rabbit Writer - Click Here
Comment: It's not funny, OK? It's a good gig and you can learn how to tell if a rabbit is a boy or a girl. Ok. It's funny.

Freelance Patent Research - Click Here

Blogger Job ( Nutrition Blog )- Click Here

Bilingual Translators wanted - Click Here

Content Writer wanted - Click Here

Website data entry typist - Click Here

Forgive me, but I have to go rabbit hunting, uh.. I mean, rabbit writing job hunting. Ciao.

No comments: