Writing jokes for money - Part 1

A few years back, I was a nerd sitting in my mom's basement chatting online with other nerds sitting in their respective basements. I was told to get a life and a real job. The reason I mention this at all, is because it just struck me how attitudes have changed towards people who make their living online. Even people who have very little or no interaction on the net now think it's pretty cool when I tell them that my computer feeds me.

Course there's a relative aspect to all this - Compared to a Google employee who works from home, I'm trailer trash. Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that it is no longer a risk to base one's career on trying to earn money online. Hold on, hold on...Don't quit the day job just yet. I didn't mean it literally. Just a manner of speaking...

On to something a bit more specific and related to freelance writers:

Breaking your head over a title for your next article? Click here.
Guaranteed to send you into a tizzy of inspiration and ideas heaven. Else money back. Oh! Sorry - You ain't paying me squat. No deal.

Duh! One would think that Google is bound to know the answer as to whether a blog can make money or not. Well, think again:
Q: Blogging for revenue ( No Answer, 3 Comments )

Just one more crack. I promise. Then we get on to the jobs. Sorry, I can't get you a job freelancing

Ok. On to the jobs:- Today's niche focus - Writing jokes for money. Here's a list of resources, available gigs and of course, the jokes ( C'mon...How do you expect me to write about making money from jokes, if you don't wanna listen to the jokes? ).

Hold on to your hats for part II.

No comments: