A novel idea for would-be writers

"I'm speaking from experience here. I've been working on my first novel for more than five years. My second is a much more recent development. Currently, the race is on to see which one I'll abandon first."
- A novel idea for would-be writers by Bill Nash writing for www.venturacountystar.com

But he makes a couple of good points. One, that a good novel makes you forget about the fact that you're reading a book, and you get drawn into the plot and the characters, rather than thinking about the writer and his amateur effort at a novel. Secondly, he's got something to say about opening ice-cream factories in your mind. Hmmm....

How to write a book in 28 days flat
Click here


All good points, but the thing I like best about the column is the title. Novel, as in book and Novel, as in new. A single word in the title expresses the entire concept and focus of the article. I gotta take title writing lessons from this guy.

No comments: